The Brisbane Greyhound Racing Club (BGRC) is committed to ensuring the safety, health, and wellbeing of all stakeholders with respect to the recent outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The BGRC is closely monitoring updates from the department of Queensland Health along with Federal health authorities to assist with keeping stakeholders notified of any change to current operations at the Club.
Most recent advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) on 8 March 2020 states, ‘At this time the AHPPC consider that public events should proceed, but strongly recommend that people that are unwell with cough or fever or other respiratory symptoms should not attend public events or gatherings’. ‘This is particularly so for people who have recently travelled from overseas’.
At current, the BGRC will proceed with current full-scale operations until contrary advice is received from State or Federal health organisations, or the controlling body for racing (Racing Queensland).
In the interim, the following action plan has been initiated by the BGRC to assist with mitigating the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) within our community:
- Additional antibacterial soap and hand sanitiser to be installed in all public areas on the premises
- Appropriate signage on Coronavirus (COVID-19) and associated health warnings
Stakeholders will be encouraged via on course signage, social media outlets and other communication means to:
- Maintain high levels of hygiene including hand washing and covering coughs/sneezes
- Bring their own hand sanitiser/hand washing products to the venue
- Not attend if unwell and are exhibiting any cases of fever, coughing or other flu-like symptoms
The BGRC will continue to communicate with all stakeholders and provide relevant updates on Club operations as necessary.